SUSPECT: RE: [Shotimes] yet another muffler question

Ian Fisher dataflash@yahoo.com
Thu, 3 Mar 2005 09:27:34 -0800 (PST)

Yeah, but you live in CA. I live in NJ. :)

I was referring to the 2nd gen pipe but the 1st gen
pipe wasn't much better. I shouldn't have posted this
because it's going to turn into another "shoshop y
pipe thread".

But yeah, back to the main point, the stock exhaust is
pretty durable. When I was trying to adjust my catback
to the Y pipe when the flange broke, I noticed that
the weld at the rear of the mid pipe had broken as I
was able to rotate the midpipe around in the catback.
So, the welds may not be the greatest but the mild
stainless will last quite  awhile. I think I had 120K
on the car at that point.

Ian