[Shotimes] Rebuilt Starters

SHOZ123 SHOZ123 <paul.nimz@gmail.com>
Sat, 5 Mar 2005 11:47:50 -0600

Good quality information Bill.  Thanks

I have replaced brushes before on alternators and starters.  And
replacing bearings would not be that much of a problem either.

The starter I want to rebuild is off of eBay and still works.  I'll
probably take it apart enough to get the internal parts clean and
lubed and take a look at the brushes.

My last alternator I had, neither I or the local rebuilders could get
the case apart without probable damage.  This was off my '97 which has
the alternator is a very bad place, down in the lower front of the
motor.

I usually don't have any problems with either and over the many years
and miles have only changed a couple alternators and no starters,
excluding the '79 Mustang which ate a starter a year,.

Paul.