[Shotimes] OT: 2005 F1 Season

Carl Prochilo gr8sho@adelphia.net
Mon, 7 Mar 2005 12:30:23 -0500 (Eastern Standard Time)

Anyone get a chance to watch the Melbourne race?  There were a lot of
changes this year with the intent to spice up the races.  Aero package
changes and no tire changes were the biggest.  At first I was either
ambivalent or in agreement to the changes, but after watching the race,
the aerodynamic changes didn't seem to do anything at all.  The one pass
that ended in disaster for Schumi and Heidfeld could just as easily have
happened last year (Heidfeld came into the corner too hot).  The no tire
change rule takes away from pit strategy so now I've decided I like the
old rules better.
I can't wait until they remove the auto shifting completely from the cars
later this year.
The improvements made by the Renault team in the offseason were
impressive, and I'm really happy to see Fisi finally win a real race.  It
goes to show that that a talented driver needs good equipment to win.
--
Cheers,
Carl Prochilo