[Shotimes] Mexican Road Racing

Donald Mallinson dmall@mwonline.net
Mon, 07 Mar 2005 14:30:45 -0600

Carl,

All I wanted to imply was that it was fun to watch the big
heavy, lumbering NASCAR cars dance or wallow as you will,
around a road course.  Only happens a few times a year, and
the seemingly unending "Esses" on this Mexican course were a
blast to watch.

Any comment about these cars being like the SHO was meant to
say that they are both fairly heavy, big, un-sporty,
car-like sedans.

I got several of my "friends" offline saying that the NASCAR
cars aren't anything like a pure "stock" or "sports" car.

I thought the pun and fun in my comment was evident, but I
guess not.

Yes, I agree touring sedans are closer to the SHO, and I
think they are more fun.  The short lived series in the US
was GREAT fun, and the cars were actually fairly close to
the factory car, at least the basic body was exactly the
same.  The Speed Channel races are great.

Re-read my note, put a bunch of smily faces in it, assume
tongue in cheek, and admit that in a basic,
look-at-it-sideways, stretch the facts a bit, way, that the
Busch cars are on at least some level, a little like
tracking a big sedan like the SHO.  Not putting down the
SHO, just saying what I have said every year at the
convention and every track event with lots of SHO's.  It is
a hoot to see these cars on track, and if they aren't the
perfect weapon for racing/track, they are at least fun and
what we own (i.e. cheap).

Does that clear up my intent?

:)

Don Mallinson