[Shotimes] louder inside or outside car?

Mark Nunnally Mark Nunnally" <marknunnally@JoiMail.com
Mon, 7 Mar 2005 18:39:10 -0500

> I would agree.  Listen at any SHO Convention track event on
> the main straight.  a modifed intake with open cone, even
> under the hood, is a LOT louder than the stock airbox.
 > Sounds neat BTW!

This past weekend at Road Atlanta, with the Tweecer (finally on the car!)
software set to around ~8100 rpm rev limit, I was getting a lot of comments
from the spectators on the front stretch as to "how fast that thing was
going".

Nah, just turning more rpm when I go by you (other than the S2000 there) so
it just "sounds" faster :)

BTW I finally got the EH intake matched up to the stock heads, with the
BBB's, and finally got the top end fuel trims right.  The on track fuel
mileage increase was dramatic, and top end power with the +40 cams and
bigger intake is a lot better.  Not sure what made the bigger difference,
getting rid of the 10:1 A/F or the intake (did both at the same time) but
top end power was up a bunch (higher rpm vs previous at numerous points on
the track)

Had a blast as always, and brought it back in 1 piece (although I tried to
wad it up a few times!)

mark