[Shotimes] Re: Clutch

Ron Porter ronporter@prodigy.net
Thu, 10 Mar 2005 14:56:23 -0500

And I got the tip on the cheap Advance Auto Rev B TOB from Mark. As I
understand, it is the unit that is the basis for Josh's ceramic TOB.

Frankly, for a stock-type clutch o an n/a car, especially one that is
raced/tracked and may see a clutch job more frequently than the average SHO,
$20 (well, it was actually $15 for the TOB and $7 shipping) for the Advance
TOB is a hell of a deal.

From: shotimes-admin@autox.team.net [mailto:shotimes-admin@autox.team.net]
On Behalf Of Dave
Sent: Thursday, March 10, 2005 1:56 PM
To: Ian Fisher
Cc: Edward Mazurek; SHOTimes
Subject: Re: [Shotimes] Re: Clutch

Well my new list for clutch replacement is way different then whats out
there.
Of course the whole clutch set up a quality TOB Rear main and carrier
gasket. subframe bushings lower control arms and other other wear items
that the subframe may have to come out again for. Bushings and what not.
And as long as the Y pipe and subframe are dropped and out well the Oil
pan is right there and the insurance of 50.00 worth of bearing and
another hour tacked on your time is well worth it Plus you get to to put
new pan seals in at the same time. Porter steered me to that TOB for 20
bucks from Advance auto and after 20K it's holding up pretty well I
guess in about 3 weeks I'll know for sure when the 3.0 comes out for the
3.2. The above is just MY list not a must do but while the subframe is
out it's worth the extra cost to replace the wear items in it. After I
did my clutch I had to go back in and do the rod bearings and now the
LCA's need replacement And if your really anal then is the time to clean
the subframe up and have it rhino coated or painted.
Dave