Fw: [Shotimes] Re: Clutch

Zach Leahy Zach Leahy <leahyz@gmail.com>
Fri, 11 Mar 2005 13:58:31 -0500

Correctamundo on the lift.  Makes working on cars so much nicer.  Only
have to get down low when you check to make sure the pads are located
correctly under the car.  Otherwise, crawling on your back is
eliminated... it's hard to get grease out of your hair....  It's even
nice for working on the top side of the engine.  raise the car about 6
inches or so off the ground and it eliminates all the bending over.
If you need to reach all the way to the back, let it down a bit.....
But trust me, even at my young age I have logged a lot of hours on my
back under cars.

as far as getting it high enough.  I have used cinder blocks in the
past.  cheap and you can get the car up pretty high if you make small
pyramid stack.  Also it imparts a certain required "ghetto" look on
your project that is just what is needed.