[Shotimes] One of Fifty

Donald Mallinson dmall@mwonline.net
Sun, 13 Mar 2005 20:39:29 -0600

Shylo, Oh there are dozens if not hundreds of special plates
in Illinois.  Every university, some high schools, civic
organizations and just about every city/county
festival/fair.  Some plates are good for just 90 days
(special event plates) or for a regular period (charity,
fund raising, military, school etc).

I guess it could be worse.  Our plates are now fairly heavy
aluminum rather than steel, not sure when that changed, but
some time ago.  Since they don't change them but every 10-15
years, older plates sometimes loose all their reflectivity,
which is a good thing for speeders in areas that use lazer!

:)

Don Mallinson