[Shotimes] Another Question on Swap/ Mods

Zach Leahy Zach Leahy <leahyz@gmail.com>
Wed, 16 Mar 2005 07:29:58 -0500

Hmm, great engines....

How about the BMW v12 built for Mclaren.  Now that is an engine that
just makes me giddy thinking about it.  If you are going for the sound
factor, this one will blow your mind.

As far as "just freaking cool" I have to hands down put it on wankel
rotary engines.  Super compact, super light, and can make super power.
 There are Rx7's out there with over 1000hp.  (I won't say it's easy,
just possible).  If I was building a buggy or a race car or something,
I would look seriously into a rotarty mostly becasue of the low
weight.  Not to mention the smoothness of the rotary engine, as was
stated on top gear "this thing seems to smooth to be running on normal
gasoline...  more like double cream."

Now the SHO motor is cool, and it is going to remain being cool, so I
think we're ok for a while.  I just drew a crowd the other day at AZ
when I was getting some oil filters...   Ended up with every guy who
works there standing around my car oogly eyeing my motor.