Crank Pulley Wobble (was Re: [Shotimes] RE: Re: Alternator)

Carl Prochilo gr8sho@adelphia.net
Wed, 16 Mar 2005 19:01:55 -0500 (Eastern Standard Time)

Put the car back together a second time.  This time I had some good sun
shining into the motor and after I started the car and drove it around, I
found that there is a definite slight wobble in the crank pulley.  I can
see that the wobble might be enough under certain conditions, like the
belt not being on tight enough originally, to hop off the pulley.

So at this point the car will no longer be driven until this is taken care
of.  My initial plan is to get both belts off and then attempt to pull the
crank pulley (crankshaft damper assembly according to the service manual)
off to see if the harmonic balancer has failed or something worse is going
on.
--
Cheers,
Carl Prochilo