[Shotimes] (OT) 1987 911 Cabriolet dodges a bullet at 150+ mph (the ticket bullet)

Ron Porter ronporter@prodigy.net
Thu, 17 Mar 2005 18:56:50 -0500

FYI,

There was a recent discussion about someone with a serious speeding ticket.
Although he doesn't say which state he's in, he lucked out in court!!

From: kazbah2@aol.com [mailto:kazbah2@aol.com]
Sent: Thursday, March 17, 2005 4:36 PM
To: 911/993/996
Subject:[911] 1987 911 Cabriolet dodges a bullet at 150+ mph (the ticket
bullet)

Remember me, the person who went down hill with the wind on a beautiful
sunny day on a winding 4 lane, and pushed his 911 to 150+ (okay so the
speedo is 7% off, it was still fast.  Kind of "neat" to see the speedo in
the 4pm position)

Today was my day in court, and I dodged a bullet.  I still have my license,
but less in my wallet.
- he had me on radar at 106 in a 65, gulp (lucky I saw him first and went
hard on the brakes)
- ticket was reduced to 30 mph over
- the fine, including court costs, $225
- in lieu of a ticket, got court supervision for 6 months (don't even have
to do class)

As I had already posted $100, I'm only an additional out $125. (don't get me
wrong it hurts, but it could have been far worse)

This could have gone much badly.  For those of you that occasionally speed,
better to not!  In hindsight, despite the glue on my tires, I had little
options at 150+; although being in a P car makes those speeds pretty
acceptable.

God is watching out for me, you, the family, us. I said a prayer of thanks,
and now extend my wish that you folks drive those cars safely, at whatever
speed of your choosing.  And if the worse does happen, hope you are lucky
like me.   Someone might learn from my mistake, which is why we'll call this
"what I learned from this, and never again"
-

kz

www.hometown.aol.com/kazbah2/87Porsche911Cabriolet.html