[Shotimes] Hope i put this belt on right...

George Fourchy krazgeo@comcast.net
Sat, 19 Mar 2005 01:08:36 -0800

On Fri, 18 Mar 2005 23:22:19 -0500, Frank \"SHOrage\" Costa wrote:

>It may sound like a dumb question but, they look the same to me and now im
>using the 3.0 Timing Tensioner and everything.
>
>I postitioned it to the 3.2 mark as i felt that getting the 3.0 mark was
>almost impossible.

The 3.2 mark is for the belt setup found on the stock 3.2 complete engine, with the
3.2 oil pump and hydraulic tensioner.  Because of the position of the tensioner and
water pump on a 3.2 engine, the length from the cam sprocket marks to the crank
sprocket mark is different than on a 3.0.  If you are using the spring loaded
tensioner found on the original 3.0 oil pump/front cover, you need to use the 3.0
mark, even though you have a 3.2 block.  Oil pumps are interchangeable, and usually
3.0 pumps are used so that the water pump is an easier swap.  At least that's why I
would use one.

George