[Shotimes] Re: (OT) SIU wins

Ron Porter ronporter@prodigy.net
Sat, 19 Mar 2005 18:20:06 -0500

Yeah, I became a Louisville (versus a UK) fan when I lived there.
Nonetheless, my ultimate loyalties lie with Big 10 and Michigan teams, so
even though I normally don't root for MSU (I'm a Michigan grad), MSU is my
pick this year. Tom Izzo has done a great job up in East Lansing.

Actually, I was listening to a high school tournament game today. Indiana is
basketball-crazy, and the Washington Hatchets played a semifinal state
tournament game in Seymour today, and the folks have been going nuts here in
Washington IN. Washington won (beating Indianapolis Roncalli), as did
Loogootee IN, which is a town 15 miles east of here, and a huge Washington
rival. I don't totally understand all of the divisions in the IN high school
tournament, but if they win their next games up in Indianapolis next week, I
"think" they play each other.

From: shotimes-admin@autox.team.net [mailto:shotimes-admin@autox.team.net]
On Behalf Of Donald Mallinson
Sent: Friday, March 18, 2005 9:55 PM
Cc: V8List SHO; Shotimes
Subject: [Shotimes] Re: (O) SIU wins

Yes, I was happy that SIU not only played well but earned a
little respect.

Not sure how I feel about them having a #2 in OK State next
game.  Yes I am sure...I am real worried!  :)

Illinois didn't play like a world beater in their win
yesterday, but I was amazed at how writers that the day
before had said that Illinois was going to take it all. But
after having a close, but really never in real doubt, game
with #16 Fairly (sp?) Dickenson they are all down on the
Illini.

BE nice if Illinois and SIU got to play, they are in the
same bracket, just to say it happened, but I will be real
surprised if SIU gets past OKS.

Some good B-Ball out there!  How about Louisville winning a
tough one...Ron, you still rooting for your former home town
team?

Don Mallinson