[Shotimes] SHO engine in an MR2?

Ron Porter ronporter@prodigy.net
Tue, 22 Mar 2005 16:58:08 -0500

Put in a stout 4-cylinder, either n/a or blown. Better weight balance, and
has as much power.

Even dropping in a 4-cylinder Honda out of an S2000 has more power, with a
LOT less weight, than a SHO V6

Sorry, but a SHO engine is good in a SHO. Outside of that application, I
don't see it as a good swap candidate for power.

From: shotimes-admin@autox.team.net [mailto:shotimes-admin@autox.team.net]
On Behalf Of Hartberger, Jason M. AT3
Sent: Tuesday, March 22, 2005 4:28 PM
To: 'SHOtimes mailing list (E-mail)'
Subject: [Shotimes] SHO engine in an MR2?

Hey guys... I'm out to sea but I still get email! So anyway, I was
wondering... my buddy got an MR2 (1989, nonsupercharged, but for only $500
and runs good!) and even though he calls it his beater and doesn't want to
do any mods to it, I got to drive it and I REALLY LIKE IT... I was
wondering, if I got one, what would the feasibility of putting the SHO
engine in there be? I don't know how big the engine compartment is (I bet
it's too small :( but I could convert the trunk into an engine compartment
extension). But it's rear-engine RWD, so mounting it transversally wouldn't
be a problem. Anybody thought of this?

Can you imagine what a 3.2 BOS to a 2100lb vehicle would be like! I'd die!
hee hee! it'd be the coolest car ever!

Jason