[Shotimes] When I Was trying to change my rear brake pads on one side I could not screw in the caliper, it would not go in... What did I do wrong???

Rich Bruso shoguy_89@cox.net
Wed, 23 Mar 2005 23:31:46 -0500

> I had the special brake tool, and even though the
> caliper would rotate (I was turning it counter
> clockwise, I believe) It would not go in, does anyone
> know why I am so stupid that I could not change brake
> pads or what I was doing wrong???
>
>                                     Vlad

Vlad,
   Make sure to open the bleeder valve on the caliper.  Likely, the car is on jackstands, so the proportioning valve is fully closed, so the fluid has nowhere to go.  Of course, after you get the calipers in you'll need to bleed the rear lines, but I always end up bleeding all lines after brake work, just in case.

-Rich Bruso
89 Black (Lola)
89 Silver (parts)