[Shotimes] SHO left me stranded... 50 yards from a Ford dealer

Ian Fisher dataflash@yahoo.com
Thu, 24 Mar 2005 05:00:31 -0800 (PST)

My understanding of the cam sensor is that it is used
for starting. If it is bad, the engine can go through
as many as 6? cycles before it starts with backed down
timing. HOWEVER-once running, it may run poorly and
cause issues such as stalling, loss of power, etc. I
think this is why sometimes its difficult to tell if
its a crank sensor issue or a cam sensor issue. A bad
crank sensor usually causes stalling as well.

This is a combination of theory, personal experience
and my understanding of what I have read here on the
lists and different books.

.02

Ian