[Shotimes] SHO left me stranded... 50 yards from a Ford dealer

Kevin & Cheryl Airth clubairth@peoplepc.com
Thu, 24 Mar 2005 10:41:20 -0600

3 coils so 3 different possibilities. I thought it was just for starting too
but many people have had stumbling or rough running after starting with a
bad cam sensor? If anyone could explain further it would be a great help.
Since the relation of the crank and cam is fixed mechanically there is no
reason for a cam sensor at all after starting? The PCM must use or look at
the output of the cam sensor while the engine is running?
Anybody know?
.
.