[Shotimes] Re: buying an engine stand

Russ M. rm1012@yahoo.com
Sat, 26 Mar 2005 08:37:27 -0800 (PST)

  4-leg/4-wheel are definitely much more stable,  especially when
rolling across the floor and catching the occasional expansion joint.
Larger wheels are better than smaller.

  There is what appears to be a decent folding engine stand at Sam's
currently for ~$65.-$70.   IIRC it was rated at least 1000-1200#.

  Subframe mount bolts work well for engine block-to-stand head.

  Russ
  http://home.earthlink.net/~rcm_automotive/
  http://stores.ebay.com/RCM-Automotive-Taurus-SHO-Parts