[Shotimes] buying an engine stand

don donelson onebadsho@hotmail.com
Sat, 26 Mar 2005 12:17:30 -0500

Definitily get the 4 legged version for stability.

You will find using subframe bolts from the car ... they fit in the block
... and are a perfect fit for a engine stand .. get about 4 of them ....

also .. the transition from the cherry picker to the stand isnt easy ... esp
if u use your tranny holes to bolt your chains too .. I use the dowels on
the end of the block that u use to line the tranny up with ... u can use
these holes to mount one of the legs to this hole ... the actual dowel for
most engine stand legs ... fits snug inside of the leg

You will find out that one leg may not fit .. i just wedge that one leg
between the back of the block for stabilty ....

dond