[Shotimes] buying an engine stand

Bob bob@hotpursuit.net
Sat, 26 Mar 2005 20:06:57 -0800

If you can, order a Stroppini and pay whatever they ask.  I just went out
and took a couple of (bad) pictures of mine (forgive the mess I just pulled
that engine today and it doesn't quite fit in the garage):
http://www.hotpursuit.net/Projects/88MustangLX/Stroppini1.JPG
http://www.hotpursuit.net/Projects/88MustangLX/Stroppini2.JPG

After having a 4 caster chinese junk stand from Post Tool, there is no
comparison.  I went out looking for the best stand I could find in '98 or
'99 after the iron caster snapped off my cheapo stand.  When it broke, the
bare block I had on it immediately fell over.  I reached and grabbed a
corner of the block which tore a remarkable gash in my palm that took months
to heal.  Fortunately, the block fell onto a large wooden drawer that
prevented any damage to it.

I've never had the SHO engine on it, but I will need to do that in the
coming weeks after I get the DS on this beast.

Stroppini Enterprises
2547 Mercantile Dr
Rancho Cordova, CA 95742
916-635-8181