[Shotimes] RE: (OT) F1 motor test

Ron Porter ronporter@prodigy.net
Sat, 26 Mar 2005 16:30:29 -0500

Shows hw much that I and others know about F1, but F1 hasn't used turbos for
many years!!! Those are just the headers glowing.

From: Jim Pasquini [mailto:28pitch@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, March 25, 2005 11:26 PM
To: Ron Porter
Cc: Shotimes; V8List SHO; SHO Tech
Subject: Re: (OT) F1 motor test

Thanks to the kindness of strangers...and none stranger than the
denizens of the list...I just got to watch it in the glory it was
intended.  Going to have to pick out which of the European courses I
want to experience F1 at because it is going to happen.  I freaking
love the sound of those motors.  Get the willies when they are revving
the crud out of them on the starting grid just before they drop the
hammer.

Think they'll trade me straight up, their dinky little race car for my
'97 PG? ;)

Any thoughts as to what oil they'd be using to lubricate that molten
metal masquerading as a turbocharger?

Thoughts on what team that might be?  The crew is all in black with no
distinguishing markings.  Could be anyone.  The only color I see is
some yellow from the piece that houses the intake above the drivers
head leading me to believe it is the soon to be extinct Jordan.