[Shotimes] 4 Way Flashers

Rich Bruso shoguy_89@cox.net
Mon, 28 Mar 2005 11:23:38 -0500

> From: Peter Maggiacomo <gtsrider@yahoo.com>

> Are the 4 way flashers part on
> the mulit-function circut? Thanks.
> -Pete

   The four way flashers are indeed part of the multifunction switch.  The flasher module flashes two inputs to the multifunction switch, one for left and one for right.  Left directional closes one circuit, right the other, and the flasher both.  Unfortunately, it sounds like the contacts under the flasher button itself are bad, as the right directional works with and without the four-ways on.
   The switch isn't too bad to replace, but it does involve pulling the steering wheel (airbags for everyone except us '89 guys) as well as the column covers.  I don't believe the switch comes apart easily, so I don't think you can clean the contacts.  On the plus side, the switch encompasses the high beam selection, wipers, directionals, etc., so you get a new switch with new lettering.  For some reason, I tend to lose the lettering on that stalk.  AZ sun perhaps.

-Rich Bruso
89 Black (Lola)
89 Silver (parts)
Sierra Vista, AZ