[Shotimes] 4 Way Flashers

Paul Nimz pnimz@v8sho.com
Mon, 28 Mar 2005 11:13:02 -0600

Spray some WD 40 down into the switch at the button and work about a 100
times.  Keep spraying the WD every 20 cycles or so.

Paul
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Rich Bruso
  To: Peter Maggiacomo ; shotimes@autox.team.net
  Sent: Monday, March 28, 2005 10:23 AM
  Subject: Re: [Shotimes] 4 Way Flashers

  > From: Peter Maggiacomo <gtsrider@yahoo.com>

  > Are the 4 way flashers part on
  > the mulit-function circut? Thanks.
  > -Pete

     The four way flashers are indeed part of the multifunction switch.  The
flasher module flashes two inputs to the multifunction switch, one for left
and one for right.  Left directional closes one circuit, right the other, and
the flasher both.  Unfortunately, it sounds like the contacts under the
flasher button itself are bad, as the right directional works with and without
the four-ways on.
     The switch isn't too bad to replace, but it does involve pulling the
steering wheel (airbags for everyone except us '89 guys) as well as the column
covers.  I don't believe the switch comes apart easily, so I don't think you
can clean the contacts.  On the plus side, the switch encompasses the high
beam selection, wipers, directionals, etc., so you get a new switch with new
lettering.  For some reason, I tend to lose the lettering on that stalk.  AZ
sun perhaps.

  -Rich Bruso
  89 Black (Lola)
  89 Silver (parts)