[Shotimes] Another Update : Rookie Timing Belt Experience

Zach Leahy Zach Leahy <leahyz@gmail.com>
Tue, 29 Mar 2005 07:19:14 -0500

Dave,

I think you nailed the 2 sources for this part.  The tensioner is 3.0
specific, so the one from an ATX will not work.  $111 from the dealer
is pretty salty, I bet someone around here (Ian?) has an extra that
they may be willing to trade some currency for.  I would say that is a
reasonable solution.  I boneyard is also reasonable, but finding a 3.0
that they will sell a part off of it going to be tough.  Most yards
(at least around here) only want to sell the complete engine, and
nothing else.  If you can find one with a blown motor or a ayrd that
is parting out a motor, then they would sell you the part.  If not,
then I would say the list is a good place.

I try to avoid getting reamed at the dealer as much as possible.