[Shotimes] RE: Lutz comments from the other day

Ron Porter ronporter@prodigy.net
Thu, 31 Mar 2005 03:16:59 -0500

I knew that GM was looking at a RWD platform, but never heard about Zeta.
Here's a story with some models. Looks like no new domestic GTO.

http://washingtontimes.com/upi-breaking/20050319-054012-7778r.htm

Ron Porter

++++++

GM abandons Zeta platform

Detroit, MI, Mar. 19 (UPI) -- General Motors has announced it will no longer
develop new rear-wheel-drive platform vehicles in the North American market.

Company insiders said the decision to stop developing cars on the platform,
code-named Zeta, was made last year, the Chicago Tribune reported Saturday.
They said the decision was not related to the company's projected loss of
$850 million for this year.

Experts had predicted GM would use Zeta for the next-generation Pontiac GTO
and possibly the Buick Velite sedan and convertible, and a midsize Chevrolet
sedan.

GM's Holden subsidiary in Australia will continue to develop the Zeta
platform.

++++++