[Shotimes] Blend Door problem

Harry Seaman hjseaman@earthlink.net
Wed, 4 May 2005 15:48:55 -0500

I would appreciate comments, suggestions on a blend door issue: It's a 95M,
ETAC diagnostic test shows #2, blend door. The sound I hear from behind the
instrument panel is a soft thumping, about once per second or so, not the loud
snapping that I've heard on other SHO blend door situations. I pulled the ETAC
and, following the "pinpoint" test in the Helms manual, jumpered the connector
to run the blend door motor in both directions. I can hear the motor run OK in
either direction, then it goes into that thumping sound at the end of the
stroke.

Here's my main question: Is it likely to be the actuator only? or could it be
something broken inside the air box?  If it's just the actuator, I'd consider
tackling the job myself some weekend; but if it involves pulling the air box,
I think that would be a whole other can or worms, 'cause it requires
disconnecting A/C lines, as I understand. If something is broken inside the
box, are parts like the blend door available individually? or would I have to
get another box?

So any thoughts from someone who has been there, done that, would be
appreciated.

Harry