[Shotimes] Delrin subframe bushings

Ron Porter ronporter@prodigy.net
Wed, 4 May 2005 16:59:42 -0400

There ain't no free lunch. To make crisper response, those things will also
increase NVH. Personally, if I did nothing else, I would use AL SFBs, as the
elimination of subframe movement and the steering response are well worth
the trade-off (which I found to be more than acceptable, anyway).

I know that you used to live in NY, but frankly, the worst road in FL is
probably close to a very good road here in MI, condition-wise.

Most SHO owners never had the SHO when it was new, and many of who did
probably forgot how it felt. I do believe that totally rebuilding the
suspension with stock pieces, then updating the wheels/tires to something
wider (wheels) and with a slightly lower profile with a new sticky tire,
would be exactly what most people are looking for.

From: shotimes-admin@autox.team.net [mailto:shotimes-admin@autox.team.net]
On Behalf Of Carl Prochilo
Sent: Wednesday, May 04, 2005 8:09 AM
To: shotimes@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shotimes] Delrin subframe bushings

I don't think that everyone that makes suspension upgrades is doing so
with the notion of only getting at that last 5% of handling performance
under white knuckle driving.  You constantly repeat this.  Some people
want to feel more a more responsive handling car, crisp steering, etc.
Sure it's nice too for those times the car gets on the track.  My 92 has
been on Road Atlanta once too.
I believe there is a good compromise out there, I just haven't dialed it
in yet.  What I feel is missing right now is a need to "trim" some of the
frequencies being transmitted from the chassis to the body.  The direct
connection that's there now with the aluminum bushings transmits too much,
and the other components have effectively isolated any soaking effect that
might have been there under stock conditions.
--
Cheers,
Carl Prochilo