[Shotimes] Re: AutoZone

Zach Leahy Zach Leahy <leahyz@gmail.com>
Thu, 5 May 2005 13:24:09 -0500

Hartfully agreed, and it seems, at least around here, that kind of
store is NAPA.  I can go in throw somethign on the counter and say, "I
need one of these, only not broken".  You get back, "hmm, looks like a
tensioner pully from an 89 aerostar van with a XX motor.  I thnk we
got one hang on...."  Runs in back fumbles around and comes back with
a greasy box.  "I think that's your guy" Sure enough it is.

I go to the NAPA in New Haven since my dad's company has a work
discount there.  They all know we just use it for personal stuff and
dont care at all.  Great for oddball stuff.  I'm gonna go see about
some high temp insulation stuff.  Like what is between the steering
rack and the exhaust manifold on the SHO.  Bet ya they can come up
with something... even if it means robbing it from a box.  I got the
wrong TOB with my clutch kit I got there, so their way to fix it was
order every TOB ford made in the last 15 years and sit down with my
old one and figure out which one was right.  Know what, they got it
right!

I love those places, where the number of teeth are few, but the help is great.