[Shotimes] RE Computer

bjshov8 bjshov8@comcast.net
Thu, 19 May 2005 21:39:42 -0500

> Check MS Config and see what is starting with your
> computer.  Disable those that you do not recognize.

Sometimes this works better than the real spyware programs, IF you get them
all.  I would advise anyone who buys a new system to check
MSConfig FIRST and write down all of the running processes that are
theoretically supposed to be there.  Then later on when you think you have a
problem maybe you can recognize the gremlin that isn't supposed to be there.

> Spybot:  Free.  It works picks up some stuff MS doesn't Free upgrades.
> Ad Aware: Free.  Download, install, run delete the bad stuff.  Free
upgrades.

I run Spybot and Adaware, and still have problems remaining.  I tried some
other programs and it seemed that Spysweeper did a better job at finding
things that the others didn't.  But even after all of these 3 I still have
problems remaining.