[Shotimes] removing firewall carpet

Robert Bruce rbruce@bellatlantic.net
Mon, 31 Oct 2005 19:03:01 -0500

In addition to noise reduction it also acts as a heat insulator.  If it's in decent shape you should keep it.

Bob Bruce

92 w/ a mod or two

-----Original Message-----
From: shotimes-admin@autox.team.net [mailto:shotimes-admin@autox.team.net] On Behalf Of Ian Fisher
Sent: Monday, October 31, 2005 6:52 PM
To: techsho@topica.com; shotimes@autox.team.net
Subject: [Shotimes] removing firewall carpet

Has anyone done this? pro's/con's?

Is it any louder inside the car with it gone?

What purpose does it serve anyway? It is strictly for

noise dampening?

I noticed that mine was torn towards the bottom. It

doesn't seem to be saturated in oil but I am worried

that it might start holding water. If it had oil in it

I would remove it immediately; I can imagine how

quickly it would burn if it saw flames..

Ian