[Shotimes] Doing the clutch in a '92

bjshov8 bjshov8@comcast.net
Mon, 31 Oct 2005 20:19:13 -0600

I've pulled a lot of Muncie and Borg-Warner aluminum 4-speeds by just
setting them on my chest.  I would guess they are a little over 50 pounds
but probably not 75.  I wouldn't want to try it with anything heavier, and
the SHO MTX is definitely heavier.

Besides a trans. jack, you will need an engine support to hold the engine up
while the trans. is out.  I did mine in my dad's garage so I just used the
hoist in the ceiling, but most people use or make a support that rests on
the fenders.  Last, I seem to remember needing a fork to separate some front
suspension joints.