[Shotimes] Brake Upgrade time... again

Paul L Fisher sho@paul-fisher.com
Tue, 01 Nov 2005 06:27:34 -0600

Have you tried using ATE Blue instead of Valvoline?

Paul L Fisher

Visit my website: http://www.paul-fisher.com
SHOClub Member: http://www.shoclub.com
Amsoil dealer: http://www.paul-fisher.com/oil

-----Original Message-----
From: shotimes-admin@autox.team.net [mailto:shotimes-admin@autox.team.net]
On Behalf Of Paul Nimz
Sent: Monday, October 31, 2005 11:54 PM
To: `V6 SHOtimes; Mark Nunnally
Subject: Re: [Shotimes] Brake Upgrade time... again

Mark

On my '97 I still have OEM brake calipers and rotors, pads are OEM Ford in
front and PF AutoZone pads in the back on the solid rotors.  It works well
for
me but after a day at a track the front needs to be bled, in fact after
about
three sessions the brake pedal starts to go soft.  :(  This is telling me
that
the fronts are boiling the brake fluid.  I always use fresh Valvoline
synthetic fluid before a track day.

Kirk has finally convinced me to go with the Cobra dual piston calipers up
front.  What are the real gains and what pad should be used?  Just what is
the
benefit of the multi piston calipers?  Rotors will stay stock size.

Paul