[Shotimes] uh oh, mtx alt pulley differences?

Ian Fisher dataflash@yahoo.com
Tue, 1 Nov 2005 13:40:08 -0800 (PST)

I seem to recall that when I ordered my UDP's there
was some concern over when my car was built (93 mtx).
The SHOshop UDP set that I was shipped via SHOnut
worked fine for many years.

I recently had a 1990 alternator powdercoated chrome.
I've run into problems while installing the pulley. A
good friend of mine thought that the shaft hadn't
fully pulled through the front of the case upon
reassembly because the UDP is rubbing the case.
However the pulley seems to be sitting on the shaft in
the proper orientation, thread depth, etc. I guess the
best test would be to see if the orginal 1990 pulley
fits it properly and if the 93 oem pulley rubs as
well. I should still have both floating around. I will
be amazed if there is a difference as the exterior
castings seem to be identical.

It looks like I may have just replaced go with show. I
didn't want to do that. Anyone have a gen1 alt UDP
they want to sell? =(

sorry for the multiple cross posts today.

Ian

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs