update: Re: [Shotimes] uh oh, mtx alt pulley differences?

Ian Fisher dataflash@yahoo.com
Tue, 1 Nov 2005 17:57:58 -0800 (PST)

Thanks

I have a very limited understanding of how an
alternator works. Perhaps I should look it up on
howstuffworks.com

I'll try to swap the armature over this week. I'm
hoping that the rest of the internals are compatiable
with the newer armature. I'm half tempted to take it
to a rebuilder to have them check it out. This unit
(1990) was pulled from a junkyard car along with the
3.0. It had a reman Ford sticker on it and looked
fairly recent at the time but I have no idea how well
it performs or if it does at all.

Ian