[Shotimes] Brake Upgrade time... again

Donald Mallinson dmall@mwonline.net
Thu, 03 Nov 2005 09:03:47 -0600

Carl,

Check out the Akebono pads for your BMW.  I put them on my 540 for the
brief period I had it and did a two day track event at Gateway (turn one
is from 120+ mph to 90, then turn to drops immediately down to 45 or
so).  Zero problems, almost no wear, very little dust.  Tire Rack has
them.   They don't recommend them for track days, but my friend that
runs a very good german(and other brands ) import repair shop recommends
them for track use and I have used them now on my 96 and my son's 95.
There may be softer more aggressive race pads, but for a street/track
combo, the Akebono is very hard to beat.

Don Mallinson