[Shotimes] Brake Upgrade time... again

Paul L Fisher sho@paul-fisher.com
Thu, 3 Nov 2005 09:08:45 -0600

Amen brother Ron....

To speed up the flush, I pressurize my Motive bleeder to 20 psi, pop the
bleeder screw and then sit in the car and pump the pedal. I make sure not to
go more than half way to the floor though. That gets that fluid out of there
quick. I then leisurely walk back to the bleeder and when the bubbles stop,
I tighten it up. On my 540, I actually have to pull the front wheels to get
to the screws. On my SHOs and my VW's I could do all 4 without pulling a
wheel.

Paul L Fisher

Visit my website: http://www.paul-fisher.com
SHOClub Member: http://www.shoclub.com
Amsoil dealer: http://www.paul-fisher.com/oil

Ron Porter <ronporter@prodigy.net> wrote:
I have found the Ford pads to be going away during the last couple of laps
of any session. Actually, the stock pads on the LGT feel a lot like Ford
pads, and act the same wrt the last couple of laps (new pads are coming,
just trying to decide on which ones).

Never had to bleed brakes, though, as the pedal comes back when they cool
down.

It sounds like I have stock in the company, but if you don't have one, get a
Motive Products bleeder. IMHO, it is the killer product for brake flushes,
and a true one-man operation. You would be hard-pressed to not get a proper
flush with this device.

I would try either the Porterfields or the EBC Reds (that Kirk and Uncle Lar
both have used and liked). There are others, but either of these are a good
start

>From my very informal observation of SHO folks at track events over the
years, the ones who boiled fluid generally had bled the system recently, and
I always suspected they didn't get a complete flush. Only exception was Kirk
who hit Hallett with something like the original 4-year-old fluid......but
he has learned since then!!!!

Ron Porter

Paul Nimz
wrote:
I tend to either not use brakes or use them short and hard. Typically I
don't bake until the last post. MPH is nothing to brag about at that point
though. Still this always happens. Maybe I just don't know how to bleed
brakes? I have a good hard pedal going in but three sessions and it takes
more movement of the pedal from then on until I bleed them again.

Paul