[Shotimes] Brake Upgrade time... again

Ron Porter ronporter@prodigy.net
Thu, 3 Nov 2005 15:35:32 -0500

I have been a "short hard" braker since my first track event in '96. Both
you & Paul are candidates for some GOOD pads (not parts-store "ceramic"
which are what..maybe 10% ceramic content?).

FWIW, "short Hard" works. I had 128K on the original pads on the '89 when I
had them replaced for Blackhawk. I had the corrosion recall done in '92 with
about 60K on the original rotors. I had them turned at 128K, along with
installing the new pads, for Blackhawk. Those rotors were still on the car
at 182K when I sold it. I now that a number of early SHO owners had to
change rotors about every oil change, but I didn't.

Ron Porter