[Shotimes] Bad Ball Joints or Wheel Bearings?

Juillerat, Aaron J aaronj@autojectors.com
Fri, 4 Nov 2005 16:06:14 -0500

Thanks now I am tracking.  Nothing we stockers need to worry about. ;)

-----Original Message-----
From: Ian Fisher [mailto:dataflash@yahoo.com]
Sent: Friday, November 04, 2005 3:29 PM
To: Juillerat, Aaron J; shotimes@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: [Shotimes] Bad Ball Joints or Wheel Bearings?

Ahhh..I should've clarified. George and I both run
custom brake setups from TCE
(www.tceperformanceproducts.com) <- their domain was
down today though.

They utlize wilwood calipers and two piece rotors. If
we (those of us with the kit) want to retain the
factory slicer wheels, we need to run extra thick hats
to push the wheel out to clear the larger calipers.
This puts more stress on the wheel bearing.

I don't think I'll ever use the factory rims again so
I'm probably going to ditch these thick hats and run
thinner ones with thicker rotors. The 17's that I have
now have ample spoke to caliper clearance so I should
be ok.

Ian