[Shotimes] Quaife install question

Robert Bruce rbruce@bellatlantic.net
Sun, 06 Nov 2005 14:54:04 -0500

My BIL came down this morning to lend a hand removing the old tranny from my 92.  We started about 8:00.  Removed the tranny,
installed the new one and installed the sub frame before 9:00.  By noon we were done with the whole job and had even road tested the
work.

Bob Bruce
92 w/ a mod or two

-----Original Message-----
From: shotimes-admin@autox.team.net [mailto:shotimes-admin@autox.team.net] On Behalf Of Mark Nunnally
Sent: Saturday, November 05, 2005 9:43 PM
To: TechSHO@topica.com; shotimes@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shotimes] Quaife install question

> The old tranny is ready for removal
> first thing tomorrow morning.  Man this has been a SHO fun and productive day!

Agreed, I started the 3.2L/Quaife swap today for the 92.  I just wanted to
do it real quick to beat Ian :)

Should be done tomorrow.

Found a lot of interesting things with the old 89 3.2L motor, including but
not limited to the velvatouch "rip the crap out of anything it touches"
clutch lining ate through the steel FW insert and into the insert bolt
heads.  That is some seriously abrasive material.

This is the 4th car this 3.2L has been in <g>

Mark