[Shotimes] Quaife install question

Mark Nunnally marknunnally@JoiMail.com
Sun, 06 Nov 2005 22:48:08 -0500

> Ian is waiting for the powder coat to cure on the inside of his oil pan,
> take your time. ;-)

Drove the 92 home tonight with 3.2L/Quaife/new clutch and swapped the police
rad from the 89 along with a few other doo dads.

The 92 (for the time being) still has the OEM catback, and I can tell you
going directly from the 89 to this car the high reving +40 cam 3.2L feels
like its down 30 hp.

One of these days I'm going to dump the stupid 2.25" outlet on the PP ypipe
and replace w/ 2.5 or 2.75 along with the first section of the dynocrap
resonator (everything behind that appears to be 2.5" with halfway decent
bends)

I'll probably keep the +40s in through Dec so I can have them for road
atlanta, but I'll be sticking the 3.0L's back in there after that.  Not a
good "street" cam for a full weight car.

As for polishing parts and subframes and such, I'll leave that for the car
show people.  I did get a new front fasica painted up for the 92, which is
about as far as I go for cosmetics ;)

mark