[Shotimes] Quaife install question

cmichaelo@optonline.net cmichaelo@optonline.net
Tue, 08 Nov 2005 23:03:41 -0500

> One of these days I'm going to dump the stupid 2.25" outlet on the
> PP ypipe and replace w/ 2.5 or 2.75 along with the first section of the
> dynocrapresonator (everything behind that appears to be 2.5" with
> halfway decent bends)
That's exactly what I did a while back.  I got the equal lenght Y-pipe from SS.  Took the 2.25" outlet section to a local welder and asked him to put on a 2.5" outlet section.  The guy did a really nice job where he tapered the 2.5" piece to where the two 2.25" pieces mate up.

Then I'm dumping the first dynocrap resonator section too, making it 2.5" all the way through an 18" Magnaflow resonator.

The middle dyno snake section is 2.5", though the bends are not that nice.

Watch out Mark, though! The last dyno y-branch piece is NOT 2.5".  It is 2.25" all the way, making one wonder why in the world did dynamax put a 2.5" section in the middle of an otherwise 2.25" exhaust???

So they could market it as a 2.5" exhaust?  Cause that's what it's being marketed as at FPS, PP and MidwestSHO. Not particularly honest, IMO.

Michael
94MTX,green,BOS+,Koni/Intrax,Baer,Corbeau
SHO items for sale: http://hometown.aol.com/cmichaelo/for_sale.html