[Shotimes] Valve Clearance

James White greensho@crown.net
Sun, 13 Nov 2005 20:43:51 -0600

Just got done with the complete and long overdue 60k on the '95mtx.

#1 exhaust valve was quite sloppy with a 2500 shim.  The fattest
shim that I had was a 2550 and even with that the lash is .016".

Is there a 2600 or a 2650?

Wonder what causes the valve clearance to open up.  One would think
that it would shrink.  This was one of 3 that had opened up.  3 other
valves had to have shim thickness taken out.  I flipped the shims
on all of the other valves.

How soon should I tear back in to the thing, or just let almost well
enough alone and change it at the next 60K?

regards, Jim White
'93 mtx - 285k
'95 mtx - only 186k