[Shotimes] Convention 15 form on the web.

Donald Mallinson dmall@mwonline.net
Fri, 18 Nov 2005 12:08:07 -0600

Announcing that we finally got all the major details worked out and have
the registration form for the 2006 SHO Convention on-line.

Go here:

http://www.shoclub.com/SHOconventions/15/conv15.html

We have detailed all the new items for this year, and you can download a
properly sized form to mail or FAX.

We have our first registrations in from a mailing we did a couple of
weeks ago.

Most of you should have gotten that mailing by now, it included forms
for the convention and that SHO engine model.

We mailed to all current SHO club members along with those that attended
the last three conventions.

If you didn't get this mailing, you can get all the forms on-line now.

We do not have the driver forms for the track events posted yet, so if
you are doing those events, please check back in a week or so, and print
them out and send in the forms we need, and keep the others to present
at the driving events.

My son Ken is working hard on this, giving the old man a needed break,
and I am looking forward to relaxing a little at this event.  He and the
committee including Joseph Van Oss have worked hard to put together an
exciting and affordable event.  We have reduced prices on the driving
events so everyone should be able to afford them.

NOTE we expect to hear from a few of you about swapping the driving
event with the car SHOw, putting the SHOw on the last day after the
track events.  We know this is a bother to those in both, but judges
will be asked to overlook recent brake dust.

We have a new class this year the SHO GO Performance award.  It is for
the car that does the best in the Autocross, Drags and SHOw.

We continue the popular Road Warrior class for those that do not want to
be judged at the SHOw.  This class is again for cars that have history
and a patina that speaks of miles and adventure.  Shine and perfection
is not the goal here, but the car that best exemplifies the Road Warrior
life.

We have worked out a VERY good deal with a NASCAR style driving school
right on the grounds of Memphis Motorsports Park where we will be for
our track events.  You can reserve time either riding in or driving or
both, a real stock car on a 5/8 mile banked paved oval.  There are
limited spots available for this event, so get your registrations in
early if you want to do this.  It should be a blast.

And of course we are in Memphis TN.  Home to Elvis, BBQ and Great
music.  A mid-size city with big city attitude and little town
hospitality.  The host hotel is compact, clean and affordable, and
features day and night security although we are in a nice commercial
area on the east side of the metro, convenient to the ring road and
downtown.

Let's set a record for attendance this year, the 15th convention is a
bit of a major deal for our small group.  EVEryone that has owned, still
owns or just likes the SHO, should come.

Put on your dark glasses, tune the guitar, and bring lots of napkins for
messy BBQ and tools to keep the SHO going through all the track time we
have planned.

Winter has just started and I am already getting cabin fever.

Don (and Jan) Mallinson