[Shotimes] Re: Received My SHO V6 Engine Cutaway Model Today

Donald Mallinson dmall@mwonline.net
Wed, 23 Nov 2005 15:44:50 -0600

About those working small engines, I found the place that sells them.
More expensive than I remember, with the cheapest engines going for near
$4000, and by the time you add the things to let them actually run, they
are another $2500!

http://www.replicaengines.com/default.htm

The latest offering is the Old Aurora Indy DOHC V8.  Cost is $7500. Add
the headers, stand and electronic ignition etc, another $2435.  total is
$9935, as much as a real engine, but there will only be 100 of them, and
it is 1/4 scale and you can start it up on top of your desk!

I really want one, but I don't think I will pop for ten grand, put that
into the SHO and I get to actually drive it!  :)

Don