[Shotimes] FFR

Rich Bruso shoguy_89@cox.net
Fri, 25 Nov 2005 16:59:51 -0500

> >  Now I just need to fab up a 1/6 scale Factory Five frame for test fitting of the motor... :)
>
> Ah HA!!!  Someone else has discovered that little company.

   FFR is the way, without a doubt.  Ultra-nice frame, non-stressed body pieces, and you can stuff a twincam 4.6 in there.  Also, though I don't think it's been done, you could likely SQUEEZE a 6.8 V10 in there.  It weighs about the same as a 460, and if you could overbore by .060 (not likely without sleeves) it'd come out to a magic 425-ish CID, which is exactly what the old '427' had.  Hmmm...
   I've been receiving literature for a few years from them.  I have a Mark II assembly manual I've pored over for a year or so, and the current target is to start building before 40.
   Personally, I'd still like my spare SHO motor in one. 250-300hp in 2000lbs is more than fun enough for everyday playing.  And I'd like to use a tweecer for an E85 tune, just to get one of those cool Arizona alternate fuel plates on a car with sidepipes :)
   Meanwhile, I have a coworker who may begin a Mark III within the next year or two.  5.0 based, likely.

-Rich Bruso
89 Black (Lola)
89 Silver (parts)
Sierra Vista, AZ