[Shotimes] Help Locked out with a dead battery

Robert Bruce rbruce@bellatlantic.net
Sun, 27 Nov 2005 10:16:06 -0500

If you have a long screwdriver, you can open the rear door in about ten seconds.  Lift up on the rear door handle and slide the
screwdriver into the door from under the handle.  Gently fish around and you will find the rod that goes to the interior door lock
release.  Push up and the door will unlock.  I have done this a few times and was always successful.  Be gentle and patient.  The
first time may take a couple of minutes.  It doesn't take much force to unlock the latch, so don't go prying hard on anything.
Obviously I don't guarantee that you won't damage anything, but I have never had any problems with entering the read door of a
Taurus.  This works on Gen 1 & 2.  I have no idea if it works on a G3.  Best of luck to you.

Bob Bruce
92 w/ a mod or two

-----Original Message-----
From: shotimes-admin@autox.team.net [mailto:shotimes-admin@autox.team.net] On Behalf Of ANTHONY J Clerkin
Sent: Sunday, November 27, 2005 8:52 AM
To: shotimes@autox.team.net
Subject: [Shotimes] Help Locked out with a dead battery

Allright, once again I prove that I am an idiot.  My SHO is for sale, so all
the keys are on the same ring with the remote.

It's been cold here in Illinoise, so the battery died, with all the keys and
the remote inside.

Any ideas?  Can I charge the battery from underneath?

Thanks,
Dumb in da midwest