[Shotimes] Re: (OT) Automotive Turkeys 2005

Ron Porter ronporter@prodigy.net
Wed, 30 Nov 2005 14:25:55 -0500

They already offered company-car lease deals to Ford execs (both of my
buddies are turning in their Mazda 6s and getting Zephyrs).

Remember that for the average car-buying public, the 500 and Fusion have
more than enough power. Someone on the lists (V8 or Forum) is getting a new
Fusion, as he was happy with the way it ran (with the new tranny), the
amenities, and the way it was screwed together.

I have seen more & more 500s around. Of course, Detroit is different with
all of the car company employees, my part of town is D-C and GM country
(northwestern suburbs are Ford country).

I am getting used to the styling. Not my cup of tea, but not bad, either.
Zephyr "could" do well, as anyone who wants a loaded Fusion can get a decent
deal on a Zephyr that comes with a lot of standard stuff.

I am cautiously predicting that Ford has a hit with these cars. Not for us
performance folks, but for the clueless masses that keep all car companies
afloat.