[Shotimes] (OT) Hankook Icebear W300 tires?

Paul L Fisher sho@paul-fisher.com
Wed, 30 Nov 2005 15:07:08 -0600

Yeah, Direcway finally let me in later in the day. For a high-performance
snow tire I would go with the Nokian WR's. The perform in the dry better
than the Blizzak LM-22's which is Bridgestone's 'performance' snow tire but
they perform as good or better than the WS-50's in the snow. I was extremely
impressed this past week with them on my 540.

The Nokian RSI's kicked the WR's ass in the snow but they are definitely not
performance tires in the dry.

Paul L Fisher

Visit my website: http://www.paul-fisher.com
SHOClub Member: http://www.shoclub.com
Amsoil dealer: http://www.paul-fisher.com/oil

-----Original Message-----
From: shotimes-admin@autox.team.net [mailto:shotimes-admin@autox.team.net]
On Behalf Of Ron Porter
Sent: Wednesday, November 30, 2005 2:32 PM
To: Shotimes; V8List SHO; SHO Tech
Subject: [Shotimes] (OT) Hankook Icebear W300 tires?

I'm picking up a set of these tonight for a good price off Craigslist:

http://www.1010tires.com/tire.asp?tirebrand=Hankook&tiremodel=Icebear+W300

http://www.hankooktireusa.com/products_view_info.asp?Item_ID=28&CatID=6

They sound pretty good WRT construction. I was going to go with Blizzak
WS-50s, as the other performance-type snow tires seem to admit (in their
marketing stuff) that you sacrifice a bit of snow performance to get the
higher speed ratings. These look good with the different inner & outer tread
patterns (much like the Michelin Pilot Exalto PE2s that I run in the
summer), as well as the silica construction.

http://www.snowtire.info/ doesn't even have anything on them (on a side
note, I saw your two reviews, Paul F.!!).

Anyone have any experience with these, or know anyone who has??

Ron