[Shotimes] (OT) Hankook Icebear W300 tires?

Ron Porter ronporter@prodigy.net
Wed, 30 Nov 2005 15:31:57 -0500

I'm picking up a set of these tonight for a good price off Craigslist:

http://www.1010tires.com/tire.asp?tirebrand=Hankook&tiremodel=Icebear+W300

http://www.hankooktireusa.com/products_view_info.asp?Item_ID=28&CatID=6

They sound pretty good WRT construction. I was going to go with Blizzak
WS-50s, as the other performance-type snow tires seem to admit (in their
marketing stuff) that you sacrifice a bit of snow performance to get the
higher speed ratings. These look good with the different inner & outer tread
patterns (much like the Michelin Pilot Exalto PE2s that I run in the
summer), as well as the silica construction.

http://www.snowtire.info/ doesn't even have anything on them (on a side
note, I saw your two reviews, Paul F.!!).

Anyone have any experience with these, or know anyone who has??

Ron