[Shotimes] It's time to bid you all farewell.

Ron Porter ronporter@ameritech.net
Sat, 1 Apr 2006 13:38:43 -0500

Supra TT....very cool!!!!!

I see, after owning the SHO, you have developed a taste for orphan cars!!
Well, there still are more parts around for the Supra, though!!

Best of luck!!

From: shotimes-admin@autox.team.net [mailto:shotimes-admin@autox.team.net]
On Behalf Of Shea Tisdale
Sent: Saturday, April 01, 2006 8:14 AM
To: shotimes@autox.team.net
Subject: [Shotimes] It's time to bid you all farewell.

Before I unsubscribe I want to thank all of you for what has been almost 10
years of good clean fun.  I am leaving the list this weekend as I finally
sold my SHO last week.

For a good bit of my early time on the list I lurked in the background,
afraid to post and not sure enough of my knowledge to answer questions.
Then as I picked up some knowledge, I became more active and even tried to
answer some questions.  Over the years, I did quite a bit to my SHO.  Cold
Air Intake, front and rear SHO shop strut tower braces, Tokico and Eibachs,
SHO Shop Y pipe fitted to a Dynomax exhaust, LPM Chip, transmission upgrade
and seal replacement (oh and I did the internal filter in it once too),
brake upgrade, stainless steel lines, underpullies, 80 mm mass air flow, and
probably some more I just don't remember.  I loved the power and durability
my SHO exhibited and enjoyed every moment of it.

They say power is both corrupting and addictive.  I can certainly attest to
the addictive part, for as fast as the SHO was originally and after mods, I
always wanted more.  So in 2000 I set out looking for something that had the
same qualities - something durable and fast as hell.  And I eventually found
that in the form of a 1997 Toyota Supra Twin Turbo.  Once I had that for a
while my passions shifted to the Supra and the SHO became my daily driver.
As it did, I moved back to being a lurker on this list for the most part.

I do far more now on the Supra than I ever dreamed I would do on a car and
though this list knew nothing of it, it was this list that gave me the
confidence to attempt it.  Reading all the posts on here showed me that cars
are pretty hard to break and gave me the original impetus to try to do
things as simple as change my own oil to doing all the mods mentioned above.
Now, I have (almost) no fear in dropping the 6 speed in my Supra and
changing the clutch or doing the brakes myself or installing a boost
controller, etc...  And it's all because of everyone here and the stories
I've read, both good and bad, that I started down the path to trying to do
these things myself.  So I thank you.

As I mentioned earlier, I made the decision to sell my SHO recently and
again the list and website were both very useful as I cleaned up the car and
fixed several issues.  One, a door handle that didn't work, I would have
never fixed had it not been for this list.  So again I thank you.

My 1993 White Taurus SHO cleaned up very nicely and the engine ran like the
day I bought it despite having 119k on it.  I did have to put a new battery
in it, but when it was all cleaned up and ready to go I really didn't want
to sell it anymore.  But I did, since I'd already bought the replacement, a
2006 Camry.  When it was all over, I sold it for $2400 and I have to say it
was in some part because of this list that I was able to get that much.  So
again thank you.

It is now with some sorrow, and a distinct lack of an SHO in my life, that I
bid you all farewell and wish you luck.  Thanks for everything.

Regards,

Shea Tisdale